Custom Toolbars and Add-Ins WITHOUT VBA or XML in 2007

laurzmp

I have only very VERY basic knowledge of VBA, and none of XML. I had a custom toolbar in Excel 2003, with button images I'd created myself, linked to macros I'd created. I'm trying to achieve this in 2007.

I've successfully got my macros into my 2007 "PERSONAL.XLSB" workbook (by simply copying and pasting the code into VBA), and as a temporary fix I've added these macros to the Quick Access Toolbar, and assigned them button images from Excel's pre-defined set.

I've also managed to get my custom toolbar to appear on my Add-Ins tab on the ribbon - 2007 has called it "Custom Toolbars" (I now can't remember how I did this, I think it was just a case of opening the 2003 spreadsheet (called MY TOOLBAR.xls) to which I'd "attached" my custom toolbar, which had been named with my name in 2003, then 2007 just added it to "add-ins"...). However, when I click on any of these buttons I get a message saying "the file could not be accessed", regardless of whether "MY TOOLBAR.xls" spreadsheet is open or not.

I can add this toolbar to the QAT, but neither from here nor from the Add-Ins tab can I assign macros to the buttons, as (from what I've found so far), you have add the macros first, THEN assign them a button.

Can anyone tell me:

a) Is it possible to add my button images to Excel's set of images, to then use them for my macros? (without tricky VBA or XML)

OR

b) Is it possible to assign macros to my buttons on my "Custom Toolbars" toolbar on my Add-Ins tab? (without tricky VBA or XML)

IF NOT (as I suspect will be the case...)

c) How do I remove my "Custom Toolbar" from my Add-Ins tab? I cannot see anything that looks like it when I use Excel Options > Add-Ins (most of which is double-dutch to me), therefore don't think I can "disable" it from there...

Any plain-English / "for dummies" ideas would be greatly appreciated!

For now, I'll try to get used to 2007's silly images to launch my macros from my QAT...!

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back