Custom Template Issue

nick243

I am working on someone's previous work so bare with me. I have an Access table that is connected to a master excel file, the table is synced to the excel file with a button. Then I use another button to generate emails to all the district managers. This is where I seem to have the biggest issue, is when I try to modify the first master table by changing the wording in the cell of the template and the wording in the access table to match it. The information seems to be right in sync part but when I try to Generate the new excel master template the information is not correctly inputted by the VBA code. I have only changed the wording in the cell and this causes issues as it seems. When I put it back the way it was it works fine. I have to change several tables in access for things to work right in Access. I do notice that the cells are locked but when I turn that feature off the sync feature does not work at all. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi Nick243,
Why are u changing the names? It seams it is all working when you leave those names as they are or not??
If you change names somewhere in the master sheet or anywhere else maybe setting a breakpoint and step through the code might give you the answer where some names might still need to be updated so it works.
When you change names maybe a good idea is to do that with replace so you are getting all names changed and none are missing..

Perhaps this is not exactly the answer you need but maybe something to consider and look into..

Upvote 0
Echoing what Silentwolf said but replace 1 thing at a time. Doing this takes longer, but makes it easier to find the rough spots. Stepping though is a great way to see what is happening, and as people say "know what you should get", the error could be very small ie (wrong spelling of one item).

Neil

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back