custom number format

ajm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
is it possible to use a custom number format in a pie chart to show the number required as a value, and also as a % of the Total. So, say you have 4 distinct elements to the pie chart. Values might be Element 1, 300, element 2, 100, element 3, 200, and element 4, 500. Grand total is 1100. Element 1 is 27%, Element 2 is 9%, Element 3 is 185, and Element 4 is 45%. How can I get the Label for each piece of pie, to be in the format "Element 1, 300, 27%"?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
On the Layout Tab, DATA LABEL options, you can tick "Category Name", "Value" and "Percentage" and you should have what you want

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On the Layout Tab, DATA LABEL options, you can tick "Category Name", "Value" and "Percentage" and you should have what you want

ofcourse they do. Forgive me, its been a long week. I am actually using bar graphs not pie charts. Bar charts don't have this option. hence my search for a work around of some sort.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back