Cursor jumping back in msg...

scottsen

While typing my posts, my cursor frequently "jumps back" to earlier in my text, but a few words and makes me sad. I assume this is some interaction between auto-save and WYSIWYG, but I haven't narrowed it down.

Super annoying. I'm using Chrome. Just turn off WYSIWYG and move on? Or is there some other solution? I really like hitting control-I / control-B to bold italics and keep typing... :(

Are you by any chance using a laptop with a mousepad under the keyboard? I had the same problem with that situation. When I plug in a mouse I turn off the mousepad on the laptop. Resting my thumbs on it would initiate a click, which would invariably take my cursor back in my text somewhere and I'd start typing into a previously typed sentence. Very, very annoying.

Well.... Yes. I am using a lappy w/ a touchpad. But I 100% don't believe that is the issue. Just because it happens ALL the time here, but I almost never notice it in email, etc... and it tends to jump the cursor back to a specific spot in the sentence (a few words back where I had applied a bold or italic).

I haven't noticed the cursor jumping back, but I have had issues with the full wysiwyg editor. Keyboard shortcuts not working, high number of keystrokes getting dropped.

A bit of research indicates that this problem is not just with this forum, but with the vbulletin software and newer browswers.

I'm using IE11 with which I get the problems mentioned, but by adding the forum to the compatibility list all works fine.

Searching on other forums suggested the IEtab plugin for chrome as I suggested earlier, which I tried and it also appears to work. Another suggestion from chrome was to use incognito mode but I haven't tried that.

Trying using the standard editor instead of the WYSIWYG. And yes, that is functionality of the vBulletin software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back