currency conversion

vanja

Hi,

Is there a posibility that i can convert values from one currency into another while replacing the original ones? I mean is there any formula or script that can manipualte on active cells? I have about 50 columns and dont want to make extra column for converted values.

Thanks, Vanja

p.s. one more thing, in some cells are not directly entered values but some math formulas/

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
To do such a conversion you'd have to know the exchange rate. How do you propose to supply such information?

Upvote 0
I know the exchange rate. it's fixed rate, I don't need to do that regulary just from time to time i have to convert the values and it's really painfull to have extra 50 columns just for converted values.

Upvote 0
another thought. I could define exchange rate as a NAME right? but the main problem is how can it calculate the values and store them in the same cell?
Isn't that a circular formula then ?

Upvote 0
Place your exchange rate in another cell (B1) for example. Then place your cursor in that cell (B1) and hit the copy button. Then, highlight the cells/columns you want to convert. From the Edit drop-down menu, select Paste Special. Then choose the Multiply (or Divide) option and click OK. This should convert the numbers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PedroMoss2268

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back