Crosstab Query: Only Want Results with 1 Value

clayt101

Board Regular
I have a crosstab query where all the values in the columns are text. In order to verify that there were no duplicates, I ran the crosstab query using a count of the entries. All of the individual values with have a count of 1; however, there were a bunch that had a count of 2 or more...meaning that they were duplicates (may or may not have the same value in text form).

So here is my question, can I make a crosstab query that only keeps the individual values, and disregards the multiple values? Maybe it could insert a value like "XXX" so that it is easy to find.

Here is my query below. To explain, the duplication comes into play when the columns Regis_ID and Act_ID are the same, AND there was a duplication in testing for one of the samples (about 200 more columns).

crosstab.png

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
hello. It isn't totally clear to me what you want.

It sounds like, but I'm not sure, you want to exclude from the dataset combinations of REGIS_ID, Act_ID with more than 1 Something.

Please provide a small sample of data to demonstate/clarify the requirement - so input data & corresponding results. With enough sample data to show which records to include and which to exclude.

cheers

Upvote 0
hello. It isn't totally clear to me what you want.

It sounds like, but I'm not sure, you want to exclude from the dataset combinations of REGIS_ID, Act_ID with more than 1 Something.

Please provide a small sample of data to demonstate/clarify the requirement - so input data & corresponding results. With enough sample data to show which records to include and which to exclude.

cheers

Thank you for responding. That is what I was looking for exactly. I ended up just deleting the events where there was more than 1 value. Basically, it seems like the lab ran tests that occasionally sampled for the same component using a different test. This should not be an issue, except when they returned different values. To solve this, I went through and deleted all occurrences when the following occurred:
* Sample Date Matched
* Sample Component Matched
* Sample Location Matched
* Multiple Values were Returned

I left intact the occasions where all four from the list above were a perfect match.
It might not have been the best solution or the most time efficient, but it worked.

Thanks again though.
Clay

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsalaki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back