Cross Query Functions

bellasuz

Is it possible to get my cross tab query to perform a function? I want the cross tab Query to ask a question like their name, and then only run the results that have their name on it.
I tried using the [Enter Name] function, however an error message appears that said "The Microsoft Jet database engine does not recognize "[Enter Name]" as a valid field name or expression. Can Cross tab queries run functions like regular queries? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
IF you're used to using parameters in standard queries, you can do the same with corsstabs but you need to do an extra step.
In Design view in the query, go to Query | Parameters. In the first column, type the parameter exactly as it appears in the grid: eg, [Enter Name] In the second column enter the data type. Do this for as many parameters as you have in the query. Close the dialog, save and run the query.

Denis

Upvote 0
Thanks Denis! That worked! I just have one more question, and that is, How do I get my crosstab to run in report format now??? The same error message appears when I create a report explaining that The Mircosoft Jet engine does not support it? Please help! and THANKS!

Upvote 0
Usually, if you use a crosstab for a report and the parameters are correctly set, the report runs OK. Might be worth seeing if the MS Knowledge Base has anything -- I haven't encountered this particular problem.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmcquade91

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back