CREATING MULTIPLE SELECTION LIST W/ABILITY TO ADD TO LIST

bflemi3

I am creating a database for all company contracts. Each contract is by division. I have made a form to enter each contract.

A contract can have numerous requirements. On the same form I need to create a list that you can select numerous requirements from; or if the requirement is not in the list, have the ability to add the requirement to the list.

As you can probably tell, I'm new to Access. I have no visual basic knowledge. Also, can anyone suggest a good book to learn VB.

Thanks for all your help in advance. More questions to follow...I'm sure.

-B

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi
Can you elaborate on the 'requirements'? Is there a core set of requirements that are common to most contracts? And if there are any additional requirements, what sort of things would you expect? Lastly, what have you done so far?
Andrew :)

Upvote 0
Go to Helen Feddema's website and check the examples in the Access Archon section. At least one of those will do the trick for you.
Also, if you want a good intermediate / advanced book on Access, with plenty of code samples, try her book -- Microsoft Access Version 2002 Inside Out (Microsoft Press).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyapratama

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back