Creating Invoices using data from a spreadsheet

tjcusick

My wife's at home job requires that we fill out a spreadsheet with Names of Individuals, County Information and dates along with Vendor name and Address.

What I would like to do is using the information on the spreadsheet I want to be able to auto generate invoices from that information.

The table is setup as follows:
From
To
Name
Date Rcvd
County
Date Issued
Vendor Name &
Address
How Many
Voids
Cost
19John Smith9/28/2013189/30/2013George Jones
123 Main St
100$60
1014Arthur Johns9/29/2013419/30/2013Peter Paul
321 S. Main St
50$30
1524Paul Fellow9/29/2013409/30/2013George Jones
123 Main St
100$60

<tbody>
</tbody>

And what i would like to creates is something like

Michelle
SomePlace
SomeWhere
INVOICE
For: George Jones
NameDateCountyAmountCost
John Smith9/28/20131810$60
Paul Fellow9/29/20134010$60
$120

<tbody>
</tbody>

Any suggestions on how to start to make this and have it be dynamic so that when ever another Individual is added it would also be added to the correct invoice sheet?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi

Assuming you've already got invoices for each Vendor set up, I would have an invisible list of reference values starting in cell A6 (you make them invisible by formatting them with the custom format ";;;").

I would put a zero in A6, and then the following formula in A7:

Code:
=IF(A6="","",IF(MIN(IF(Table!$G$2:$G$100=$C$5,IF(ROW(Table!$G$2:$G$100)>A6,ROW(Table!$G$2:$G$100))))=0,"",MIN(IF(Table!$G$2:$G$100=$C$5,IF(ROW(Table!$G$2:$G$100)>A6,ROW(Table!$G$2:$G$100))))))
Entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

You can then use this number to fill out the invoice details using INDIRECT and ADDRESS. For example, in B7:

Code:
=IF($A7="","",INDIRECT("Table!"&ADDRESS($A7,3)))
The "3" means column C, i.e. the 3rd column. So, in C7, you would have:

Code:
=IF($A7="","",INDIRECT("Table!"&ADDRESS($A7,4)))
Once row 7 has been populated with these formulas, you can simply copy them down as far as you need to, i.e. to cover the number of invoices lines you need.

Also, if you were to have just one invoice template like this, you could simply change the Vendor in C5, and the invoice would automatically adjust for that Vendor.

The invoices lines will be in the same order that they are on your original data sheet. You can sort the data sheet to adjust this, e.g., to sort the lines by Name, Date Received, Country, etc.

Hope this helps (if you have any questions let me know),

Chris.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To answer your first question no i do not have the invoices setup for any of them i have been doing the invoices all by hand up to this point.

I guess i probably should have also said that the report we have to submit, splits into multiple other reporting sheets...
usually we have 2 sheets some times 3. Each sheet can have up to 15 records on it.

I guess what i need is a macro or something that will go through each sheet and pull all the information for all Individuals that are linked to a specific Vendor...

Upvote 0
> To answer your first question no i do not have the invoices setup for any of them i have been doing the invoices all by hand up to this point.

That's not a problem. As I mentioned, you can just change the Vendor name on the template.

>
I guess i probably should have also said that the report we have to submit, splits into multiple other reporting sheets...
usually we have 2 sheets some times 3. Each sheet can have up to 15 records on it.

In this case I would set up 3 templates, with A6 on the second template pulling through the value from A21 on the first one, etc. This would result in a continuation between the sheets.

Would that work?

Chris.

Upvote 0
I'm going to try and reopen this question...
i have a 5 page spreadsheet.
Pages 2,3 & 4 have the data on them.
Contract number, Name, date, director's name and address, how many copies and total cost.

What i would like to be able to do, and this might be best done with a Macro but i'm not sure, is to be able to scan through pages 2,3 &4 to find director's Name and then pull corresponding information from those rows and place them onto another spreadsheet in order to make an invoice.

Any Ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HexCell

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back