Creating data entry form

EssKayKay

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I’m looking for some place to download a sample data entry form I can play with to learn how to create a simple one field data entry form.

Ultimate goal:
My form will have a text box #1 that will display a year. When I enter a date in a second text box #2 (or something) I want the data entered in the Box #2 to populate a cell in range T33:T133 where the Year in Box #1 matches the entry in a cell in the range R33:R133. The date auto-entered in column T will be in the same row as the Year in column R.

Example:
If form Box #1 = 2025 then when I enter a date in form Box #2 (say 07/17/25), I want the routine to populate cell T34 with the entry from Box #2 (i.e., Box #1 = 2025, cell R35=2025 then since those two are equal then populate cell R34 with 07/17/25).

1723520462029.jpeg

Thanks for viewing,
Steve K.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hello,
I’m looking for some place to download a sample data entry form I can play with to learn how to create a simple one field data entry form.

Hi
Have a look here: Excel Data Entry and Update Form which may be what you are looking for & you can down load sample workbook for free.

If not quite what you want, site has plenty of other examples you can explore.

Dave

Upvote 0
Thank you Dave for your suggestion - much appreciated.
I believe this should help. I will play with this a bit and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. . .

Steve K.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This sample worksheet appears to be a bit too advanced for me at this point. I'm sure it will come in handy in the future but for now all I'm looking for is a very simple form with one data entry box that updates one cell in the spreadsheet (database). I hoping once I get that working and understand the process I can move on to more complex operations.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back