Creating Custom Made Excel-VBA Like UserForms

Challseus

Board Regular
Is it possible to create custom made user-forms such as the ones you use in Excel VBA? Problem is, I'm adding some code to an already existing database, and they have 1 form where they can enter some info. I wanted to add a button to the form that calls a function that checks to make sure the info is right? When attempting to do this, I could not find the control tool box anywhere, and found I couldn't even edit the way the form looked in VBA, so, is this just not possible in Access?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
This question just didn't make sense to me, but then I learned to use VBA and forms starting from working with Access rather than Excel (which I'm working on now) and it hit me. Excel requires you to start from VBA.

Access wants you to start developing Forms from a completely separate tab (Forms)

Open up the form, then right-click the blue bar at the top and select properties or Design Mode. Alternatively, just right-click the form name and select Design-Mode. From here the interface should look similar.

You definately can manipulate everything from within VBA. Just like with Excel, you do have to reference the forms properly. Best set of referencing tips I could suggest are the ones that set me on the proper path to enlightenment here: http://www.mvps.org/access/

It is possible it's a different problem though, but my current guesses are limited to the security module or if you're really working with a mde file.

Mike

Upvote 0
Bless your soul man. I was going crazy for a minute thinking, how the hell could they have left this out. Much thanks again man.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back