Creating an autofill Form

Jwnagz94

Hello people of the interwebs.

I am trying to create a form with a database in Access. The objective of the form is to autopopulate the other Fields after inputting a singular field. I am a novice at Access so any help would be awesome. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Info is a bit sketchy.
The objective of the form is to autopopulate the other Fields
I presume you mean form controls, not table fields.
create a query that provides the results
create a main form (for any controls that will provide the inputs) and a subform to hold the data; put a subform control on the main to hold the subform
edit the query criteria, using the main controls as reference (e.g. Forms!myForm.txtMyValue)
after the input(s) either click a main form button (easiest if there is more than one input) or use the control AfterUpdate event to requery the subform and load the controls
The syntax to requery a subform
Forms("frmMyFormName").Controls("SubformControlName").Form.Requery NOTE: SubformControlName is the name of the subform control and not the subform

Upvote 0
Form that Autoinputs

I am currently working on a database in access. I need to create a form that does the following. I need to be able to input 1 field in the form and have that autofill the rest of the forms.

For example: Inputting the client name then receiving the address, email, phone number and have that apply to all the fields.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Well, the info is still lacking and presumptions not addressed. Even if I knew what it was you were trying to build (e.g. single form, form/subform, continuous form, datasheet) and what you wanted it to do, it's a lot of work to elaborate when this has been covered countless times elsewhere. I think the purpose of this forum is to help you with an issue where you're stuck rather than be a tutorial for how to build. Here's one of those many sources. If it doesn't cover what you want, try a web search.
Creating Microsoft Access Forms

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I have merged your two threads together.

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, directly-related follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread. Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule #12 here: Forum Rules).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back