Creating a images database where pics are in Excel Database

Plexus_user_01

I am currently trying to create a database of products for my company. For each product I would like to include an image associated with it. I then want to have on another sheet a place where the user will click an error and be able to cycle through the products. As tehy cycle the associated image will pop up.
What I need to understand is after importing the image into excel, how do I associate that image to a cell so I can reference it in another sheet of the database. I am not concerned with how large the database will get, my pictures are quite small.

:rolleyes:

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Re: Creating a images database where pics are in Excel Datab

Thank you for such a quick response, but that was not quite what I was shooting for. I want to send this database to other points in our company and They will not have access to a directory of images, I want all images to be contained with in the database, and then to be referenced else where in the smae databse either using another sheet, or a userform, which ever will work.

:pray:

if you can point me to another good line again it would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

That Link Should Cover it, however, the consensus seems to be that if you are using files within an excel spreadsheet, you will have to contend with file bloat.

It's not too hard to embed Pics, and etc., but if you start to get a seriously large number of images , then your file will quickly get large.

The best way is by linking to a common directory as the image source, if it is starting to get more than a few hundred images, you either have to start looking at very small image sizes, or consider something like an Access Database.

It's possible, just not wisely practical, in my understanding of Excel.

Search the Archives under "Embed Imaged" or "Embedded Images" etc .... if you want to still place images in the excel file.

(y)

Upvote 0

I had the same problem, i found the solution in an spanish blog ...

the link is excelminiapps+images database

enjoy it!

That Link Should Cover it, however, the consensus seems to be that if you are using files within an excel spreadsheet, you will have to contend with file bloat.

It's not too hard to embed Pics, and etc., but if you start to get a seriously large number of images , then your file will quickly get large.

The best way is by linking to a common directory as the image source, if it is starting to get more than a few hundred images, you either have to start looking at very small image sizes, or consider something like an Access Database.

It's possible, just not wisely practical, in my understanding of Excel.

Search the Archives under "Embed Imaged" or "Embedded Images" etc .... if you want to still place images in the excel file.

(y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroDH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back