Creating a Database

horalia

I've just started to learn Access a few weeks ago due to a project that was assigned to me. Basically, what the project asks for, is a database where users can input work orders that will be approved by department managers and directors. The work orders are basically adjustments for our company, where our customers will get a credit or a debit because of a user error. I'll probably have many more questions for all of you Access experts along the way. I was designing the database thinking it would be for credit only, when now they tell me that they need to option to create a debit as well. Both forms look very much alike (I'm basing my database on paper forms that have been used for a while). Which is the best approach? Should I create two separate tables, one for debit one for credit? Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi:

Not sure of the overall usage, but in my limited use...(depending on the volumn of data and the number of data fields), I try to keep it to one database.... (i have only used relatively small quantities).

You might differentate the Dr from the Cr amoutbts by positive or negative numbers...or have a separate field indicating "Dr' or 'Cr' indicator.

hope this helps

plettieri

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckrings

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back