Create Table from Form?

unc2plo

Board Regular
I have a form that teh user picks a start and end date from. There are several queries that use those dates to make various tables.

The problem is that I want to also show what dates were entered at the top of the final report.

Can you automatically create a table directly from data that is entered in a form? I have tried adding it to one if the otyher wueries, but it desn't seem to work.

All I really need is a table that shows me the data that is in teh two date fields when teh macro was run.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
David

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Your date fields I would expect be created in the table bound to your form. If you want to get the field in your query then if possible add the table that the form is bound to; to your query using a related field to make a join(union) .

If a relationship exists between the 2 related fields then you will see the join immediately on those fields otherwise the 2 ID fields will show joined. This may not be what you want, so right click the join (exactly on line) and select delete to break the join.

Then once you decide which 2 fields you want to join, click on one from the list and drag it over to the other to connect the 2. Then Right click on the line until you see "Join Properties" and select it. Read the options and select what is appropriate for you. generally you would choose to see "All" (Main table/Query) the records from one and only those that match from the other.

By doing it this way the date fields will be available in your query. the safest way is to copy or start a new query and experiment to see how the results change. If you duplicate an existing query that is currently bound to the report, it will simplify things because you just have to tag the fields to the end. Double check the 2 joined fields to ensure they are returning equal values.

Then by going into the reports control source property you can select the new query with the dates and the date fields will be available in the field list, the other fields should work as long as then remained the same names.

Note: Experimenting with a duplicate database is your safest bet if your not sure.

For some reason I feel like this wasn't exactly what your looking for but maybe it will help you in the queries if you do it differently, You might want to clarify the dates because you said they are already used in queries and they originate in the table so I don't see why you can't use them in the report.

Ok enough Rambling for me, :)

Ziggy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyFlower

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back