Create Room Booking System

SantasLittleHelper

Board Regular
Is it possible to create a database which allows me to book events in 1 of 3 rooms?

E.g. Have a form to input any bookings and also have some sort of calendar / scheduler that shows what is currently booked

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Is it possible to create a database which allows me to book events in 1 of 3 rooms?

E.g. Have a form to input any bookings and also have some sort of calendar / scheduler that shows what is currently booked

Yes it is possible to do in Access.

From experience building this functionality, It will require someone with intermediate to advanced skills in Access design and VBA coding to build from scratch.

Have you looked at any of the sample template that are available inside Access when you create a new database.

What is you experience level with Access? Knowing this will help me know what to further suggest.

Upvote 0
I'd say i'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate for Access but I am a total beginner with VBA.

I have had a look at the samples but couldn't find anything. (Unless i have missed it out)

Upvote 0
I'd say i'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate for Access but I am a total beginner with VBA.

Thanks fro the information.

You will learn some VBA skills for sure working on this database application.

I have had a look at the samples but couldn't find anything. (Unless i have missed it out)

Were you looking for a sample/template that is called something like "room booking" that has what you need? You probably won't find anything like that for free.

The best you can hope for is to find pieces that you can reuse. Think of it as building blocks and starting points that can be reused.

You can normally learn something from almost every one of the database templates in Access.

You could start with the Lending library template in Access. You are basically lending out a room not a book. The basic concept is the same.

Next you add the ability to store future "lending" needs. In your case it is a booking. You might use the time and billing template database to get ideas and reusable pieces.

Hopefully that gives you an idea of how to use templates.

Next you might need a report or form that looks like a calendar. You could look through the examples in code archives. This one will get you started:

Roger's Access Library and Roger's Access Library

See: Books.mdb (intermediate) - Roger's Access Library

This may be helpful: Why are there not many articles or examples for Access 2007, 2010, and 2013? - Access Tips, Tricks, How To - HiTechCoach

Hopefully that gets you started

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckrings

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back