Create QuickAccess Button for Macro built in to an add in

joemomma3

Hello all -

Here's my situation:

I recently installed an add in called "Stock Quotes for Excel" created by a company called Technitya in an effort to replace the MSNStockQuote add in that is no longer supported. The MSN add in was incredibly valuable because it allowed us to customize all of our portfolio performance sheets and only insert information we need, as opposed to downloading an entire table filled with irrelevant info, which is the alternative offered by Microsoft.

Turns out, the new add in is great! It creates a tab in excel on the top ribbon (speaking in terms of Excel 2010) which has a handy button labeled "Refresh SElected" which updates all of the stock prices on an active worksheet. Amazing!

Here's where it's not amazing: my bosses access these worksheets and don't appreciate the fact that they have to click to each individual worksheet in the workbook in order to update all of the prices. With the MSN add in, one button updated the prices in the whole workbook.

I contacted the creator of the "Stock Quotes" add in to ask if it's possible to update the entire sheet at once. Great news: there is! There's a macro that exsits within the add in, and using shortcut keys Ctrl + Alt+ Shift +F11 the entire workbook updates at once! Hazzah! Wait...my bosses don't want to remember all of those shortcut keys.

I contacted the company again to ask if there was a name for the macro, so I could attach it to a button and place that button on the quick access tool bar on everyone's computer. Unfortunately, I've not heard back. I tried to find the Macro myself, but it seems that the VBA project in which it lives is locked and I can't access it.

After that long winded introduction, here's my question: Is there away to find a macro when you only know the shortcut keys that are assigned to it? If it is possible (bit IF here) how can I then use that to create a button for the quick access bar?

That you all!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back