Counting Dates in a Report

gary5utton

How do I keep a running total of field where the data type is date in a Report? What would the syntax be? Would you use the COUNTIF Function?

Thanks,

Gary

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi Gary

I'm not sure I understand the problem 100%. Can you elaborate on the following please?

You mentioned a "running total" but then you mentioned "countif" - do you want to add the dates or count the dates? {I think you mean count}

Presuming you want to count the dates, do you want a grand total of how many dates there are within the report, shown at the foot of the report?

Or are you wanting a ranking, or a counter, next to each date such that each time a date appears on the report, the counter goes up by one?

Does every record on the report that could have a date, actually have a date? Or do some records have a blank date?

Lastly, is it possible for an individual record on the report to have more than one date? If so, could you provide details of the underlying data structure?

Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zack_ken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back