Count non-consecutive blank cells in a row if condition is met

abschy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi all,

I have a table as such below, I'm having some issues creating a formula that can do the following:

1. If Region = A
2. Count the number of blanks in that row for the columns
- Region
- Country
- Name

So for Region A, i should get back a value of 1 as the City column is not included in the count.

Is there a way to do this such that i dont have to use sumproduct? My actual data set has about 20 columns and it doesnt seem efficient to use sumproduct this way..

Thank you!

RegionCountryCityNameGenderWeight
AABCXJaneF
BDEFYJohn80
AABCMaryF50

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
Hi Peter! Thanks for the advice, i've just added the information.

However, the file that i am working on will be used by multiple people across the world as it will be uploaded onto a sharepoint. If it works on my file, would that also work on other versions..?

Upvote 0
i've just added the information.
Thanks for doing that. (y)

If it works on my file, would that also work on other versions..?
A solution suggested that works on your 365 version will quite probably not work on versions lower than 365, though it might depend on exactly which version(s) your other users have.
Post #1 sounded like you have a SUMPRODUCT formula that does the job and that should work on all versions so you may be safest to stick to that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back