Copying data into next available column to the right using macros?

sh0ckwav3s

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Morning all, new user here with extremely basic knowledge on all this as only just started using them.

ive created s spreadsheet to copy data from a from 2 columns, and then paste it into another worksheet.
Ive got it setup atm so it copies the data, then creates 2 empty columns to the left of the data ready for the next data to be copied over, so the data goes in order from right to left.

What i would like is for the data to go from left to right, but i cant figure out how to make the macro put the data into the next available column on the right without overwriting the original data.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense, like i said, i am only just getting into it to help make my job slightly easier & quicker
quick screenshots of my basic code, plus an example of it, so week 26 is after test2, but i would like it going test2, test1, then week 26, if its possible

1719486176894.png
1719486238457.png

Cheers for any responses :)

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Hi, you can use this statement to find last column used (assuming columns to the right of your data are empty:

VBA Code:
lColumn = ws.UsedRange.Column + ws.UsedRange.Columns.Count - 1

So if you know that say lColumn is 4 in this case, and you want to paste data in col 5 ("E") you can say :

VBA Code:
Sheets("PD Swab Results").Select
lColumn = ws.UsedRange.Column + ws.UsedRange.Columns.Count - 1
Range("A" & lColumn+1).Select
Activesheet.Unprotect
Activesheet.Paste

Upvote 0
It is hard to work with a picture. It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach a screenshot (not a picture) of your sheet.
Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0
Oops, I hadn't tested my above code.

Try this one instead:

VBA Code:
Sheets("PD Swab Results").Select

lColumn = ActiveSheet.Cells(1, ActiveSheet.Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column 'where 1 = the row number to look in for colmns used

ActiveSheet.Range.Cells(4, lColumn + 1).Select

ActiveSheet.Unprotect

ActiveSheet.Paste

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back