Copy posted sheets

NBVC

Shouldn't I be able to copy a posted sample spreadsheet (HTML Maker) to my Excel worksheet? Maybe I am missing something. Copy and paste doesn't work.

On another note, when I click "Copy Formula" I can't paste it in my spreadsheet either.

You would think so, but I don't think that pasting the HTML examples back into Excel has ever "worked." I have no idea why this is. I can, however, report that it works better when copying from IE than it does with Firefox (at least it does for me).

Coping the formulas, though...that's more of a case-by-case basis. Generally that does work, though it is possible for a javascript error to occur sometimes if there are multiple HTML Maker examples posted in a single thread (and are displaying on the same page). I know when that happens it will not display the formulas if you click on one, so I'm assuming it would also effectively disable that copy button.

Thanks Kristy for the quick reply,

Well, I am using Firefox, so that may explain some of the issues.

But, I can always see the formulas in the posted examples, but when I click "Copy Formula", I can't actually copy it (no error messages occur either).

I guess that's fine, until a patch is added to accomodate these factors, I will continue to crunch away at manually re-entry of samples.

hi nvbc,

hopefully, you won't need re-type the fomulas if the 'copy formula' button isn't working - can't you just select the formula from the formula bar & copy it directly?
Book1
ABCD
1Does thiswork?Does this work?
Sheet1

Hi PaddyD,

For some reason, when I click Copy Formula it won't copy to the clipboard (i.e. if I go to paste on excel, then the last item that was on my clipboard before clicking Copy Formula is what gets pasted.

I would like to copy the whole sheet so that if I am trying to assist someone with their request, I can easily replicate the sheet in my Excel so as to not copy all data again.

Is there any way?

Thanks again.

I know about your 'copy formula' button issue, hence my suggestion "...can't you just select the formula from the formula bar & copy it directly?"

Unfortunately, I know of no way to go from the html back to a spreadsheet. When faced with similar issues, I usually maually copy the displayed data into notepad, then copy into excel, then fix up with text to columns etc.

Sorry I didn't catch that in your original suggestion. But thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of copying the formula directly. It worked!

And thanks for the notepad suggestion. I'll give that a try too :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michellehoddinott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back