Copy/Paste Adjacent Cell

ah2024_2024

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So you guys solved my compile error but I'm back again....I actually revamped the prior code that I sent because I have learned a little bit in the last few days (thanks to you all). But I've run into a stall, and I've spent hours trying to figure it out on my own and can't. I have 2 sheets. My source sheet (deals) and my target sheet (ftw). On my source sheet if column F = fort worth AND column O = Active; then copy the employee name in column D and paste only that name into my target sheet (ftw) but need it to start in A9. I also need it only copy NEW data as it updated and not replace.

Here is what I'm using currently and the dang thing is pasting into J1 and pasting ALL the names and not just those that have the correct "fort worth" AND "active"

Sub TAKE_98765()
Dim rcnt As Long
Dim target As Worksheet

Set Source = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("deals")
Set target = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("ftw")

For Each c In Source.Range("f1:f20")
If c = "FORT WORTH" And c.Offset(0, 9) = "Active" Then
Range("f2:f20" & i).Offset(0, -2).Copy
target.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 9).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll

End If
Next c

Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

I have tried changing this line target.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 9).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll to be target.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(9, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll to no avail.

Thanks in advance folks!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
So you guys solved my compile error but I'm back again....I actually revamped the prior code that I sent because I have learned a little bit in the last few days (thanks to you all). But I've run into a stall, and I've spent hours trying to figure it out on my own and can't. I have 2 sheets. My source sheet (deals) and my target sheet (ftw). On my source sheet if column F = fort worth AND column O = Active; then copy the employee name in column D and paste only that name into my target sheet (ftw) but need it to start in A9. I also need it only copy NEW data as it updated and not replace.

Here is what I'm using currently and the dang thing is pasting into J1 and pasting ALL the names and not just those that have the correct "fort worth" AND "active"

Sub TAKE_98765()
Dim rcnt As Long
Dim target As Worksheet

Set Source = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("deals")
Set target = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("ftw")

For Each c In Source.Range("f1:f20")
Range("f2:f20" & i).Offset(0, -2).Copy
target.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 9).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll

End If
Next c

Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

I have tried changing this line target.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 9).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll to be target.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(9, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll to no avail.

Thanks in advance folks!
Let me say that when I tried to change target.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 9).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll to be target.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(8, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll it appeared to want to put that data in the correct place but it was all blank.

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
Sub TAKE_98765()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim target As Worksheet, Source As Worksheet
    Set Source = Sheets("deals")
    Set target = Sheets("ftw")
    For Each c In Source.Range("F1:F20")
            c.Offset(0, -2).Copy target.Cells(target.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
        End If
    Next c
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Try this version instead:
VBA Code:
Sub TAKE_98765()
            If Range("A9") = "" Then
                c.Offset(0, -2).Copy Range("A9")
            Else
            End If
        End If
    Next c
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Try this version instead:
VBA Code:
Sub TAKE_98765()
            If Range("A9") = "" Then
                c.Offset(0, -2).Copy Range("A9")
            Else
            End If
        End If
    Next c
End Sub
This worked like a charm!!! Might I inquire about adding a 3rd data point and it could change my if statement. I really need all employees that are in a given office, active OR term'd within the current month. I am assuming I can change c.Offset(0, 9) = "Active" to be c.Offset(0, 7) = "" (meaning the blank would mean they don't have a termination date (column m) and obviously are ACTIVE but how do I add FORT WORTH and "" (no term date) or Fort Worth and term date of CURRENT month?

Upvote 0
This worked like a charm!!! Might I inquire about adding a 3rd data point and it could change my if statement. I really need all employees that are in a given office, active OR term'd within the current month. I am assuming I can change c.Offset(0, 9) = "Active" to be c.Offset(0, 7) = "" (meaning the blank would mean they don't have a termination date (column m) and obviously are ACTIVE but how do I add FORT WORTH and "" (no term date) or Fort Worth and term date of CURRENT month?
Crap, one more issue. This will be run each day and I'd like it to only paste over NEW ones, and currently each time I run it it just gives me the same names starting in the first available cell of A (like first run ended in A20) and 2nd run starts the names all over in A21

Upvote 0
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach screenshots (not pictures) of your two sheets. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back