converting HTML into excel after adding the add in?

sharpdog

Board Regular
I have sucessfully added the HTML add in, but after coping the HTML text out of the message board how do I convert it into a work sheet?

Thanks,
Luke

I don't think it works in reverse...the HTML is just so you can show your sheet in a post.

The HTML sheet does allow you to select and view (and copy) the formula bar out and into a cell though..

I don't exactly understand. I can't read HTML, so how do I convert someones pasted HTLM into a useable format so I can see what's in it?

Thanks
Luke

I figured it out.. just need to paste special as unicode. I just missed that one.

You "can't read HTML?" Are you seeing the code in posts instead of the image? If that is the case, go into your user profile settings here on the board and make sure Allow HTML is set to YES.

I've found the cleanest way is to open Notepad and paste the stuff there, then copy it and paste into Excel.
At that stage, column A is usually just the row numbers from the screen, alternating with the data. I then do this:
1. Select column A
2. Edit > GoTo > Special > Constants
3. Edit > Delete Rows
4. Select column A and delete the column

Denis

For me, using Internet Explorer, I can just straight copy and paste. I just have to delete column A (because it copies the row numbers over too). It even copies colours and font formats.... just the actual cell sizing needs to be tweaked sometimes.

...but in Firefox, I need to do Copy|Paste Special and select Text or Unicode....then I gotta delete every other row and the first column....and formats don't copy over.....but it is better with the cell sizing for some reason.

alternatively rightclick the table: there is an option "convert table to Excel" or something like that

honestly when seeing these problems, sometimes I think "why don't they use Table-It" (when no format is needed) ? it has an easy "back-to-sheet" feature to paste everything, formulas included, in your sheet (just defending my little child as anybody would do :wink: )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back