converting Access 2000 file for use in Access 2003

gill

I have several Access 2000 files and would like to convert them for use with Access 2003. Before I attempt it myself and lose all my hard work, created over months, is there anyone out there who can give me tips in simple language to make the conversion as successful as possible. The OS is Windows XP. The files will need to be accessed on a network, edited and saved. Thanks in advance.

Gill :oops:

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Hi,

You're in luck. Access 2003 can work directly with Access 2000 files with no conversion. In fact, the default file format in Access 2002 (XP) and Access 2003 is the same format that is used in Access 2000. It's only if you need to use the additional functionality of 2002-03 that you should specifically use that format (and believe me, there isn't much extra to make one want to do that).

EDIT This page should be of use to you : http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/?url=/library/en-us/dnacc2k2/html/odc_acformat.asp?frame=true

HTH
Dan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BudgetGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back