Continuous form

seirra

Board Regular
I was wondering if anyone knoew a good site that shows how to make a Continuous form in detail. hopefully one the that is directed to Access newbie's

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Sorry I dont know a how to web site but have a look at the Northwind sample database. Within there is a couple of continuos forms = Product List & Customer Phone List.

To make a form continuos, in design view right-click the forms control button (the square button at the very top left of the form) and select properties. Go to the Format tab and change the Default view to continuos forms. Its as easy as that.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot that was much simpler then expected, but now I have a new problem. I have created 4 different databases to track education and professional standing. The main form holds all the personal info like name, address etc. I have then created a sub-form area where the different types of information is tracked with folder tabs at the top to switch between them. But now when I type something into the sub-form, which all of them are continuous forms the first line is fine then when I get to the end of the second line I get and error message of “The change you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship…….” So the question about this why is this happening. At the moment there is no relationship between the databases.

Upvote 0
Hi Im glad you sussed out continuos forms. I presume you mean 4 tables rather than 4 databases? If this error comes up it usually means you have assigned the property type for a field so that no duplicates are allowed.

Open the table in design view (table that the subform is linked) and look at the field in question. When you click on the field see under the general tab there is a property called Indexed - it probably has a value of Yes(No Duplicates).

You need to make a decision whether this field should contain unique values in the whole table or not.

Its difficult to know without seeing the database.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purpleflower26

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back