Conditional formatting

engerg

HI,

I have a spreadsheet with conditional formatting that when released is entered in the cell the row turns red. I now need to be able to enter time in the cell as well as released. The time need to add up with the other cells in the column. I also need the word released in the cell so it can total the number of releases in a day. Any ideas on how to do this?

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure which bit you need help with, the CF the counting of the word 'released', the manipulation of time...

So for the CF you can use the formula =SEARCH("released", $E2) - This assumes the cell is in column E row 2

To sum the numbers in a range where the word has been removed

=SUMPRODUCT(SUM(SUBSTITUTE(E2:E13,"Release", "")+0))

To count instances of the word in a range

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("release", E2:E12))))

HTH

Upvote 0
HI,

I have a spreadsheet with conditional formatting that when released is entered in the cell the row turns red. I now need to be able to enter time in the cell as well as released. The time need to add up with the other cells in the column. I also need the word released in the cell so it can total the number of releases in a day. Any ideas on how to do this?

To better explain. I have cells that time is entered into and total at the bottom of the page. When a people is released from employment, the word "released" is entered in the cell and that in turn changes the line red. Some time an employee may work part of the day before being released, I need to track the time for the day. Once released is entered into the cell, and you try to enter the time the employee worked, the word "release" of course is removed and the row color changes back to the original color. What I would like to happen is the word "release" and the time to be in the cell, or count the releases and the time spent in the totals.

Upvote 0
It would be much easier to have a cell with released and a separate cell with the date & time of the release.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrKraGeN

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back