Conditional Formatting with 2 Icon Sets only

charlesloves2read

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I have a question with regards to using Conditional Formatting Icon Set.

I currently use Excel 2007 and they have added the Conditional Formatting tool which is really cool! =) However for the Icon Set they only have the option to display 3, 4 of 5 icons. i.e. for 3 icons a green, yellow and red arrow is shown.

I want to display ONLY 2 icons. How can i do that? i.e. > 0 Green arrow. <= 0 Red arrow.

Rgds,
Charles

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Under Conditioal Formatting
Goto
Icon Set
- More Rules at bottom of sets
- On the Icons at the bottom of the box click the drop down arrow by the icon you don't want. Click No Cell Icon.

Upvote 0
Under Conditioal Formatting
Goto
Icon Set
- More Rules at bottom of sets
- On the Icons at the bottom of the box click the drop down arrow by the icon you don't want. Click No Cell Icon.

Hi AhoyNC,

Which version of Excel are you currently using? This is because I do not see the options you mentioned?

Upvote 0
I'm using 2010, but from what I remember 07 had the same options for conditional formatting.

When you gotothe Icon Set you should get a box to the right that shows the arrows, shapes, etc. At the very bottom of this box you should see More Rules (click on it).
You should get a box that's titled New Formatting Rule
The bottom half titled Edit the Rule Description
Under Icon Style you can pick the arrows from the drop down.
In the bottom left corner you should see the 3 arrow colors with a drop down arrow next to them. From this drop down when you click the drop down at the top of the next box you should see No Cell Icon at the top of that box.

Upvote 0
I'm using 2010, but from what I remember 07 had the same options for conditional formatting.

When you gotothe Icon Set you should get a box to the right that shows the arrows, shapes, etc. At the very bottom of this box you should see More Rules (click on it).
You should get a box that's titled New Formatting Rule
The bottom half titled Edit the Rule Description
Under Icon Style you can pick the arrows from the drop down.
In the bottom left corner you should see the 3 arrow colors with a drop down arrow next to them. From this drop down when you click the drop down at the top of the next box you should see No Cell Icon at the top of that box.

Hi AhoyNC,

I unfortunately do not have a place to upload a photo of the icon set in excel 2007.

If you can visit this link below, there isn't that "More Rules" box which you can click.

http://ittrainingtips.iu.edu/excel/comparing-columns-using-conditional-formatting-icon-sets/11/2009

Upvote 0
I did some checking and it looks like they added the drop down box by the Icons in 2010 to allow you not to show an icon color.
Not sure if you can do what you want in 07. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Upvote 0
I did some checking and it looks like they added the drop down box by the Icons in 2010 to allow you not to show an icon color.
Not sure if you can do what you want in 07. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Hi AhoyNC,

Thanks so much for your help still.

Cheers.

Help anyone else!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noithatanthien

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back