Conditional Formatting or Logical Test ot Vlookup and IF

hiren57

Hi Guys, I've been stuck on something for a while, hoping somebody can help. I seem to have lost it but would really appreciate some help. I'll try to explain as best as I can.

I have 2 sets of data on 2 separate tabs. For instance.

Tab1: Name | InHere | Exempt | NotHere
Tab2: Name | InHere| Exempt | NotHere

InHere/Exempt/NotHere can either be 1 or 0, signifying the attendance.

I filtered Tab1 with everybody who is NotHere (1=NotHere) back in 2017. In an attempt to move everybody from NotHere 1 to Inhere 1 or Exempt 1. Unfortunately only approx. 5% transpired.

I now have data 2018 data on tab 2 which includes a load of other names + all the names in Tab1.
I would simply like to check all those NotHere in tab 1, how many of them are actually InHere or Exempt as of 2018. And Highlight the ones that are still NotHere.

I apologise if I am not good at explaining this, but I have tried as best as I could. Really would appreciate if somebody could help how to best run this logic.
Happy to elaborate if need be.

THanks so much in advance.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi Guys, I've been stuck on something for a while, hoping somebody can help. I seem to have lost it but would really appreciate some help. I'll try to explain as best as I can.

I have 2 sets of data on 2 separate tabs. For instance.

Tab1: Name | InHere | Exempt | NotHere
Tab2: Name | InHere| Exempt | NotHere

InHere/Exempt/NotHere can either be 1 or 0, signifying the attendance.

I filtered Tab1 with everybody who is NotHere (1=NotHere) back in 2017. In an attempt to move everybody from NotHere 1 to Inhere 1 or Exempt 1. Unfortunately only approx. 5% transpired.

I now have data 2018 data on tab 2 which includes a load of other names + all the names in Tab1.
I would simply like to check all those NotHere in tab 1 (NotHere=1 / Exempt=0 / InHere=0), which of them are now InHere or Exempt in Tab2 (NotHere=0 / Exempt=1 OR InHere=1) . And Highlight the ones that are still NotHere.

I apologise if I am not good at explaining this, but I have tried as best as I could. Really would appreciate if somebody could help how to best run this logic.
Happy to elaborate if need be.

THanks so much in advance.

Rephrased

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back