Conditional Formatting in Merged Cells

tycasey17

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a three cell merged conditional formatted section with the conditional formatted that has the color starting from one end and fading to white. The information in the cell is derived from a drop down menu. When the information changes only two of the cells changes and the last cell stays the previous color. If I double click on it the hit enter then it’ll change.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I need the three cells because I have information below.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I have a three cell merged conditional formatted section with the conditional formatted that has the color starting from one end and fading to white. The information in the cell is derived from a drop down menu. When the information changes only two of the cells changes and the last cell stays the previous color. If I double click on it the hit enter then it’ll change.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I need the three cells because I have information below.

I think you need to give as much information as possible. Example of data.

How is the conditional formatting being applied, is it through VBA code or is it through the conditional formatting menu?

How does you drop down menu work? Does it reference another cell, is it hard coded etc?

Upvote 0
ConditionalFormatting is through the Menu. I would like to stay away from VBA.
Drop Down Menu, works through the data menu, based off of a list on anothersheet. The list was made into a formula.
Application, There are three cells that are merged together. A drop down menu was placed in the cell toonly select certain criteria. When anyof the criteria is selected it has its own color scheme that I have formattedit to do. The format has a text andbackground effect. The background effectis a two-toned fading color scheme of the color I want fading into white.<o:p></o:p>

Issue, Whenthe drop down menu is updated to the current status this will change thebackground. Only two of the merged cellschange properly. The third cell staysthe color of the previous, if you change the drop down again the third cellwill change to the color of the last status. If you double click on the cell and then hit enter it’ll all change tothe right color but if you change the color through the drop down the sameissue occurs<o:p></o:p>
TroubleShooting, I have unmerged and remerged the cells. I have cleared all formatting and reformattedthe cells and nothing has changed.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxt...XA1VjdiMTZTN2VNQ0pWNTNF/edit?usp=docslist_api

Upvote 0
Without access to the actual sheet my suggestion would be going into conditional formatting and looking at the rules you have applied and make sure that the place where it shows which cells the formatting applies to reflects the merged cells. If you care to share the sheet with any sensitive data removed I would be more than happy to look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowie27

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back