Conditional Formatting / Icon Sets / Copy and Paste

abacon1960

Board Regular
How can I copy an paste an Icon Format from cell to cell. For example: Cell A1 takes a number from 1-2. Cell B1 returns an icon based on Cell A1 number. I want to copy formatting in Cell B1 to Cell B2. When I look under CONDITIONAL FORMATTING/MANAGE RULES I see the new cell B2 is referenced correctly. When I go to CONDITIONAL FORMATTING/MANAGE RULES/EDIT RULE CELL B1 is still referenced. I have to manually key in cell B2 for both icons. I hope this makes sense.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
The formula you see in the "Edit Rule" window is shown relative to the top/left cell of the 'Applies To' range, regardless of which cell you selected when you opened the rules manager.
But rest assured, the cell reference adjusts according to the absolute referencing rules that were applied to the formula.

The question to ask and test is, "Does cell B2 get formatted correctly according to the value placed in A2?"

Upvote 0
If I copy from B2, to B3, to B4, etc. the Applies to cell reference always changes. Under Edit Rules this cell stays as B@ reference every time............

Upvote 0
If I copy from B2, to B3, to B4, etc. the Applies to cell reference always changes. Under Edit Rules this cell stays as B2 reference every time............

Upvote 0
the Applies to cell reference always changes..
What does it change 'From' and 'To" ?

What is the Actual formula you are using?
Perhaps you're using Absolute cell reference, like $A$1.
In that case, this is epxected behavior, it should be changed to $A1

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to insert pictures into the threads like using SnagIt or any other way so I can cleary show what I am doing. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Upvote 0
You should be able to attach pictures with the Insert Image button in the reply window.
Note, it won't work if the picture is stored on your computer, it would have to be saved on a filesharing site like box.net or something.

That said, pictures aren't always very helpfull, because we can't copy and paste it into our own Excel Sheet for troubleshooting.

Try using an HTML tool like Excel Jeanie that can post a useable nicely formatted section of your sheet.
See my signature for a link to Excel Jeanie.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumayak

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back