Conditional Formatting: Highlighting cells based on weeknumber correlating to today's date.

Bluesguy07

So, this may sound confusing, but below is sample data and what I'm trying to accomplish.

Row 13 is the date the week began
Row 14 is the week number
Row 15 is the first statistic
Row 16 is the 2nd statistic

COLUMN A COL B COL C COL D
13 | Week Begin4-Jul11-Jul18-Jul
14 | Week Number282930
15 | Statistic 1349510
16 | Statistic 2000

<colgroup><col><col span="3"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I am trying to create a conditional that will highlight rows 15 and 16 based on the week number. The current week should be highlighted green, and the previous week should be highlighted yellow. However, I'm running into an issue correlating today's date with the week number in a formula. I know to find the week number for today, it is =weeknumber(today)). However, like I said... I can't correlate that to a conditional formula.

So, basically... using today's date, Cells C15 and C16 should be highlighted green right now and B15 and B16 should be highlighted yellow.

Please let me know if this is not clear. Idealy I'd like to have this figured out by the end of day, today.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Try this:

Select rows 15:16. Click Conditional Formatting > New Rule > Use a Formula > enter:
=A$14=WEEKNUM(TODAY())

Click Format... and choose a green fill color.

Repeat those steps with this formula:
=A$14=WEEKNUM(TODAY())-1
and a yellow fill color.

Let me know if that works.

Upvote 0
Solution
I'm trying to replicate this in google sheets. The formula itself works, but the conditional formatting doesn't; I'm assuming it is related to the A$14 piece of this formula. I want it to apply to the full column, tried A:A and it didn't work. Any tips?

Upvote 0
I'm trying to replicate this in google sheets. The formula itself works, but the conditional formatting doesn't; I'm assuming it is related to the A$14 piece of this formula. I want it to apply to the full column, tried A:A and it didn't work. Any tips?
Welcome to the Board!

Your best bet is to post your question as a new, standalone question to the "General Discussion & Other Applications" forum here, instead of in the "Excel Questions" forum. You will note that from the description, you can see this is the best place to post Google Sheets questions:

1719317523432.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zack_ken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back