conditional formatting dates

coltheplumb

Hi All, ok I need cells to highlight when they are 90 days from expiring and continue to be highlighted until 1 day after they have expired, so say the date in the cell is the 1/5/18 and so when we actually get to the 31/1/18 I want it to turn yellow and then when we actually get to the 1/2/18 it will go red. All help appreciated Col X

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
What cells are the dates in? is there an expiry date in a cell (if so what cell?) or a start date we can calculate the 90 days from (if so what cell?).

Explain in more detail please.

Upvote 0
Hi mark858, the dates can be in a few various cells, but at the moment I am putting the date in B3. the dates are for when a qualification runs out and has to be re taken and so I am after something that shows when I have 90 days to re take the exam

Upvote 0
Hi coltheplumb,

Sheet1

ABC
101-05-1831-01-1801-02-18

<colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; "><col style="width:64px;"><col style="width:64px;"><col style="width:64px;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Conditional formatting
CellNr.: / ConditionFormat
B11. / Formula is =$B$1=$A$1-90Abc
C11. / Formula is =$C$1=$A$1-89Abc

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

I think this is what you need.

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok so I was hoping that I wouldn't have to use cell references as the CF would be in the same cell as the date?

Upvote 0
Colin, you put the conditional formatting I posted both on the same Cell (in this case B3) then use the format painter to paint to any other cell (at the moment it is set for column B, if you are using it on other columns remove the $).

To test put the date 21/4/18 in B3 as that is 90 days from today.

See the workbook in the link below

https://app.box.com/s/iez5cfas5blcpn7qil8gkc47x76catss

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi again, no that does not work how I want it to, once the cell goes yellow when the date in it becomes less than 90 days from todays date I need the cell to remain yellow when it is 89 days less, 88 days less etc etc right up until the date ends up being yesterdays date (in real terms) when the cell will need to remain red for ever or until the date is changed again to say 1 year from now. I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Try
=AND(TODAY()>B3-90,TODAY()<=B3)
for the yellow, make sure stop is true is ticked.

Don't understand your red requirement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terrynelson55

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back