Conditional Formatting based on another cell column data

gulonraid

Good afternoon,

I am trying to determine how to conditionally format a column of cells that will already show red when overdue. However, I want it to turn green once data is inputted to column G.

I have attached the document for ease of use. So say E3 shows red because they have been enrolled for 183 days, they tested and a score was inputted into G3, so i would like E3 to show green now (that any number/percentage has been added) and override the other conditional formatting. Thank you for the assistance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-19 163818.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-19 163818.png
    20 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-06-19 163840.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-19 163840.png
    20 KB · Views: 2

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Select E2:E75
Create a new rule
Under Select a Rule Type, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
Formula is =$G2<>""

Note: the formula will automatically adjust the row number for the other cells because the $G2 row reference is relative (no $ sign).
Position the rule at the top of the others and select the Stop if true checkbox.

Upvote 0
Select E2:E75
Create a new rule
Under Select a Rule Type, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
Formula is =$G2<>""

Note: the formula will automatically adjust the row number for the other cells because the $G2 row reference is relative (no $ sign).
Position the rule at the top of the others and select the Stop if true checkbox.
So it did work with some. However, it turned some green that did not have any data in the G column that should have still been red and it also did not turn all the E column that had data in the G column green.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ Papa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back