Complex Erlang maths and formulae.

jaybest

Hi there,

I am doing mathematics that is just extending me a bit too far.
I have an excel spreadsheet that is trying to calculate the hold times for a helpdesk.

This is the spreadsheet to download
http://www.jaybest.com/tempo/Tempo_RosterTool-BetaV1.02(Exposed).xlsx

This is the formulae that I tried to re-create, but I am sure that this is wrong, because if the volume gets too high, then the calculations start going into negative hold times, which isn't right!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_unit#Erlang_C_formula

I would put the formulae on the site but they are fairly long, and it is much easier to see in the spreadsheet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! I am pulling out my hair, as when I first wrote this it was working fine. :(

Thanks again!
Jay Best

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I would like to try to help you, but,the downloaded file was not an Excel file. I am sending you a Personal Message (a PM) regarding it.

Upvote 0
Ah of course! Hate that compatibility issues..
I was just looking through a resource that would help me and I got to this site, which actually has the answer in downloadable form!

http://www.mitan.co.uk/erlang/elgcspsh.htm

This must have been where I first started out with the base code from ages ago..

When I finish it up, it will be up on www.jaybest.com/tempo for free download, for those that wanted to use it.

Thanks so much for your help though, I am sure you know what it is like when you get stuck on an issue like this!

Thank heaps,
JB

Upvote 0
Thank you, VoGII, for noticing and saving me a heap of trouble, as I only have my one and only, Excel 97, as I show in my signature!

Jay, I', happy that you found your answer, as that is the main goal of all of us who post here, to help others when we can. "All's well that ends well!"

Upvote 0
Hey there!

Thanks heaps again and it is all sorted out now.

The complete version is up on jaybest.com/tempo if you wanted to see how I had put it in place.

OH! and thanks heaps as well to VoGII for spotting me loading it as Excel 2007, I have changed the version so everyone can see and use it.

Only if you were interested tho!

Cheers,
Jay :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the offer, Jay. I went to your websit and read your page. I decided, as I thought at the beginning, that it is not really my cup of tea. My only interest in responding to your post was, 1. I thought I just might be able to help you, and, 2.nobody had yet responded to it.

So, thanks again for your invitation, and I wish you all the best for your oviously useful, though specialized, new tool.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back