Communication Log Template Access

speed88bump

I am an advance user of Excel but somewhat of a newby to Access. I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a template I can use in Access.
What I am needing is a database that allows users who find a defect in a part to report that information via a form control. The database allows them to select email addresses from a list and upon sending it notifies those users of the problem. It assigns the responsibility to one user for follow up. However, that user can then change the responsibility to another to answer. Each are able to place comments and the record is updated and keeps track of everything. Once complete it allows the user to mark it as completed and closes the open issue.
In the background reports can be generated that allow users to see how many deficient products per week, per month. It allows weekly reports on open and closed issues so deficiencies can be tracked from start to finish. Before I forget the emails would be through Lotus Notes.
I am sure Access is used for this all of the time and their are some templates out there. If anyone would know, it would be the fine users in MrExcel.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
This answer may not be exactly what you wanted, but it might point you in the right direction. What you want is certainly doable, and I might even have a very old copy of a db. However, if I do, it belongs to my former employer, with whom I need to remain in good standing so I cannot simply pass it on to anyone. What I can do is tell you that if your search doesn't pull up any satisfactory templates, poking around in ISO quality system forums might put you on to something. What you're asking for sounds like what is/was commonly referred to as variance tracking. It wouldn't hurt to post your question in those forums as well. Then again, you always have the option to contract out the whole job, or on a consulting basis.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anmol Pandey19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back