combobox transparency and tab around

freekrob

I'm working on a form. I've decided I really like the way the ActiveX combobox works. However, I would like to set it's back style to transparent and the showdropbuttonwhen to focus. When I do this, it's all good in the hood. However, when I make a selection (or go back to a blank in the combobox), the combo box does NOT maintain it's transparent state. Furthermore, the drop down arrow stays visable rather than showing only when I click on the combo box.

Why does this make a difference? I have formulas in some of the cells underneath the combo boxes. The transparent feature allows me to see the value of those formulas, but should a user accidentally click on the combo box over the formula, or wish to see additional values, they can't see the correct value if they change their minds.

Am I missing something or is that just the way it is?

PS. the formula in my cells (under the combo boxes) are set to display a blank if the overlying combo box has a value (so as to not have a bunch of mumbo jumbo if they change the combo box, assuming I can maintain the transparency).

Additionally, and if I need to post this in another thread, I will. I wanted to know if there is a setting to allow the user to tab or return (enter key) through the combo boxes rather than them click on each field seperately.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back