Combo boxes to filter a forms contents

paulhorn

Board Regular
From my question, you will probably have worked out that I am fairly new to the use of Access, and having had a quick search of this forum I can't see the answer that I need.
I have a main form that essentially contains contact data stored in one table - 'Contacts'. I would like to use 3 combo boxes ( in the form header)to allow the user to select the desired search criteria, and upon entry of said criteria, to update the forms contents accordingly. The combo boxes get their data from related tables, which have foreign key links to the 'Contacts' table. Is there an 'elegant' way of doing this with VBA? Or am I really showing my ignorance now?
Any guidance would be much appreciated :pray:

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Wow!
Does the lack of replies mean it is a really stupid question (in which case I apologise), or that it cannot work as described?
Either way, I would appreciate a brief comment from the experts on this board, so that at least I know where I am :unsure:

Upvote 0
Well, by pure coincidence it looks as though my question have been answered in a related post by Sydney Geek (in reply to a combo box question), for which I am extremely grateful.

So the answer is; It is possible, it is fairly basic (when you know how, as I now do :LOL:), but it involves a lot of preparatory steps.

Sydney explains it real well - Thanks again :pray:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachetsely

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back