Combo Box & radio buttons

DaveTheBloater

Hi

I have created a form in ms access that has radio buttons & combo boxes. It all looks fine but the problem is that when i change the value, of say the combo box, for one record, it changes the value for all the subsequent records to the same i.e. if i change the combo box value on record 1, every record after that also changes to the same as what is on record 1. Is there any way to set up the combo box so that the value changes on the record you are on only?

I hope that all makes sense, if anyone could help if would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Is the Combo Box bound to a Control Source? If the combo is Unbound, then the value is going to stay the same regardless of which record you're on. If it IS tied to a field in an underlying table or query, then you've definitely got an interesting problem there.

Upvote 0
If it is an unbound combo on a continuous form then you will get that effect.
What are you actually trying to do?

Upvote 0
Re: interesting problem

it is tied to another table. you see the database was originally in Lotus Approach format & i was given the job of converting it to MS Access. Therefore it already holds 400+ records but I also wish to continue using the database now that it is converted. It is the new records that are added that are causing me the problems.

An interesting problem does not sound good?

Upvote 0
Check if there's something entered in the Combo Box's "Default Value" property. If so, remove it. Check also the Default Value of the field in the underlying table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back