Combining Multiple Workbooks

ndilley

I want to start with an apology as I know this has been asked and answered a hundred times already. I have searched past threads, but still cannot implement the solutions you all have been so gracious in providing. So here is the issue:

I have a folder with several workbooks. I need to pull data from only 5 of these workbooks into a single summary workbook. The 5 workbooks in question use a standard naming convention (other workbooks exist in this folder, but use a different naming convention):
  • P:\Security\Alpha - Tracking
  • P:\Security\Bravo - Tracking
  • P:\Security\Charlie - Tracking
  • P:\Security\Delta - Tracking
  • P:\Security\Echo - Tracking
Each workbook was only one worksheet, each worksheet is identically formatted (10 columns, data entry starts on the third row, infinite rows).

I would like a single workbook (P:\Security\Foxtrot - Tracking) that combines all the data from the individual workbooks, into a single workbook/worksheet.

I've read through the multiple threads dealing with this very issue, and have attempted using the different scripts everyone has provided. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the skills to look at a script and know what I need to change to be specific to my data. Any direction you may be able to provide is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Thank you, VoG. The link you provided was where I began my search a few hours ago. I guess I need to install two scripts, the Finding the Last Cell, Column, or Row in a Range; and the Merging a Range from All Workbooks in a Folder.

In the first script, I suppose I change the word choice to be a number (1, 2, or 3; I would want case 1).

[Select Case choice]

In the second script, It looks like I change the MyPath information (in red text) to P:\Security.

[MyPath = "C:\Users\Ron\test"]

And that's about as far as I get. What else am I supposed to be changing to be specific to my files?

Upvote 0
Thanks, VoG. I played around with some of the scripts from the site you linked, and eventually stumbled upon the right sequence to get everything to run properly!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back