Combining 2 Tables

yankfan

I have 2 identical tables with unique records all the fields are the same. For a variety of reasons, I was unable to pull together into one table due to limitation of the source of the info, so I had to create 2 tables. Ideally I would like the data of table 2 to follow after table 1 so that I can run additional queries. I believe I have done this before in a make table query and have tried various steps and have been unsuccessful. Any help you can provide will be appreciated. Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you!
Donna

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Try an append query.

Goto the Queries tab and select new, pick design view, add the second table then goto Query and select append.

You should now be asked which table you want to append to, pick the first table.

Now add all the fields from the second query and run the query.

If all the fields in both tables match then you should get a message saying About to append N records. Click OK.

Upvote 0
There are two makes to go about this:

1. Not a Make Table Query, but you can use an Append Table Query to combine all the records into one of the Tables.

2. You can leave them in two separate tables and combine all the records together in a Union Query. The easiest way to do this is to build a query where you select one of the Tables, select all records, go to SQL view and copy the resulting SQL code. The do the same thing for the other table, go to the SQL code, insert UNION before the ending ";" then paste the code you copied. This will combine all the records into one query.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majbizzaki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back