Combined formula help

Flora2021

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I am not sure if this is possible, but I have data, where a status column is in column G.
I use a Vlookup to return a comment from a tab called "Status codes" This formula is put into column T =VLOOKUP(G2,'Status Codes'!A:B,2,FALSE
The problem I have is that I also have to insert a comment where the dates in column M is more than 3 days older than todays date. I have this formula working in another column W
, =IF((NOW()-M4)>3, "No CLM Update in 3+ days", "") but I need it to also be put into column T but only if the row in blank for column T.Is this even possible?
SO basically only do the Date calculation part, if the "comment" column is blank for that row?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Are you wanting the second formula to calculate if the Vlookup doesn't find the lookup value (which returns #N/A) or if the return value is blank?

Upvote 0
Yes exactly. Thank you
Do you want the second formula to calculate if BOTH of the below options are true, or just one? And if just one, which one?

The options are:

A) The lookup value in G2 does not exist in the lookup array 'Status Codes'!A:B so VLOOKUP returns the error value "#N/A"

B) The lookup value in G2 exists in the lookup array 'Status Codes'!A:B but there is no associated value in column 2 so VLOOKUP returns 0.

Or give this a try:

Excel Formula:
=LET(v,VLOOKUP(G2,'Status Codes'!A:B,2,FALSE),IF(v<>0,v,IF((NOW()-M4)>3, "No CLM Update in 3+ days", "")))

Upvote 0
Hi, I tried using the formula you provided (thank you so much) but it is only working to pull in the first part of the Vlookup values. If it does not have a vlookup value and even if it meets the criteria that should prompt it to return the "no clm update " text, its displaying as NA.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-09 103341.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 103341.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
Alright, give this a try:

Excel Formula:
=LET(n,IF((NOW()-M4)>3, "No CLM Update in 3+ days", ""),v,XLOOKUP(G2,'Status Codes'!A:A,'Status Codes'!B:B,n,0),IF(v<>0,v,n))

Upvote 0
Solution
Alright, give this a try:

Excel Formula:
=LET(n,IF((NOW()-M4)>3, "No CLM Update in 3+ days", ""),v,XLOOKUP(G2,'Status Codes'!A:A,'Status Codes'!B:B,n,0),IF(v<>0,v,n))
That worked. Thank you so much!!

Upvote 0
Okay I am so sorry- but I have to add one more step to this.
I have a date also in column j called OLD ETA date. If this date is more than 2 days in the past from the current date, and it does not already meet one of the criteria above, I need to add the comment ETA DATE CHANGE. This should be the last request for this report. Please and thank you again so much.

Upvote 0
Okay I am so sorry- but I have to add one more step to this.
I have a date also in column j called OLD ETA date. If this date is more than 2 days in the past from the current date, and it does not already meet one of the criteria above, I need to add the comment ETA DATE CHANGE. This should be the last request for this report. Please and thank you again so much.
What cell holds the date in col J?

I think this should work:
Excel Formula:
=LET(n,IF((NOW()-M4)>3, "No CLM Update in 3+ days", IF((NOW()-J4)>2,"ETA DATE CHANGE","")),v,XLOOKUP(G2,'Status Codes'!A:A,'Status Codes'!B:B,n,0),IF(v<>0,v,n))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back