Code working on one computer but not another

BigNate

Board Regular
Hello Everybody,

I have a code that runs when a button is clicked. I've been using this button/code for a while, no issues. Now, I have a coworker who says when she clicks on it, nothing happens. However, I try it on my computer 2 seconds later and it works perfectly like always. We go back and forth and back and forth and every time it works on my computer but not on hers.

Does anyone have any idea of what this could mean?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Could be a few things.

The first thing to check is to see if she has macros enabled for this program. If not, no code will work.

The other things to check include:
- Are you both running the same version of Access?
- Do you both have the same VBA References selected (go into VB Editor, then go to Tools -> References and note the different Libraries you have selected)?
- If the program references any files on the network, does she have access to those folders?

If it appears to be none of these things, it would be helpful to know exactly what it is that this code does (maybe post your code).

Upvote 0
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response. I just realized it's actually not a code but a macro that is an event procedure on_click. However, I cannot get it to appear and don't know how to get it back on the macro builder screen. Based on your answer, I think I need to check again to see if my coworker has macros enabled. She is on Access 2013 and I am on Access 2010, but given this is just a simple query reference only local tables, that probably wouldn't be an issue either?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
On_Click is actually VBA code, not Macros. In Excel, macros and VBA are often used interchangeably, but are really the same thing. They are actually two different things in Access. though you still do need Macros Enabled to run some Macros (and all VBA code).

Upvote 0
Thanks again! Yeah, after revisiting the issue, I think she had her macros disabled. I enabled macros and for now the problem went away so I'm hoping that it is the issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giannip

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back