"Code VBA" Add-in comments/feedback

BBCrawford

Not sure if this kind of question is allowed or not, but..
I have been looking at an Excel add-in called "Code VBA" ( Code VBA coding tools ) that looks interesting but have been unable to locate any actual user reviews, comments or meaningful ratings. There is a free demo but have not downloaded it yet. Wondering if anyone has experience with this tool and/or vendor?
I am not affiliated with this vendor/developer in any way, just want a little insight before spending too much time trying it out.
Thanks for any feedback
Brian

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I have used Code VBA for a number of years but I must admit I don't make use of its full capability.
However, I do particularly like its Error Handling options that include giving the user the opportunity to email error details to "support" (e.g. you, the developer).

Other VBA add-ins that I use and would recommend for consideration are VBAcodeprint, Smart Indenter and MZ Tools.

Code VBA requires the purchase of the 'core' module but you would need to spend the same amount again for the "Excel" module.
MZ Tools could work out less expensive but you really need to try them both yourself to determine which is best for you.

As for the vendors - I have always had very good response to any problem/query so I have no problem recommending any of the four add-ins mentioned.

Upvote 0
Thanks Derek, appreciate your comments.
I also use the 3 other add-ins you mention and their are great (but I don't fully utilize MZTools) . I also use Name Manager and I find ExamDiff Pro (use to use VBADiff) extremely useful when versions are getting out of control.

Based upon your comments I think I will download the demo and give it a try. It's a little expensive for the Core+Excel so we'll see if it's worth it.
I found it both interesting & disconcerting the total lack of any actual user feedback on the internet (including the vendor's site). Some "ratings" but no text.

thanks again.
Brian

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back