Cleaning up databases

VIPERMAN1

HI, i work in logistics and always have databases that need to be cleaned up. The end format should read something like the below
Name , Company , Address line 1, Address Line 2, Address line 3, Town, Postcode, Counrty. All of these would be the headers in different columns.

In short i do this manually in excel, in some rows i can split the data using the format to text options (splitting by fixed field, using commas and spaces as delimertre's), but most of the time it has to be done manually because of the state of the data.

The above would be imported into a bespoke system, using the program fox pro and is OK from there.

My second issue, is to be able to do the above also, when i print these addresses (with a mail merge) onto envelopes, i would like to allocate a stamp in the top right corner, but this stamp (image?) can differentiate based on town and country.

When i finish printing, i then would like to pull off a report that says number of items per country for each supplier.

I do have a reasonablly good understanding of excel, but know something like this can be built in access, of which i have absolutly no knowledge in.

My question/request is, unless you know of a better way of doing this, please coul dyou point me in the direction a video/book for newbies/dummies and also offer some advice?

Thank you for your time!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CALEB23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back