Class Not Registered

Ragnar78

Board Regular
Hy,

Im' trying to use the normal tools that appears when i create a normal Form..
When i try to insert a combobox or a Listbox and it asks how the info should be retreived, when i press nesxt it tells me that Class not Registered.

Can anyone help me out?

Thx again

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hi Ragnar78

Sounds to me as though you have either a bad Office Installation or a corruped Registry.

The ProgID's (programme identities - those long ( "{BDF76241-42E6-11E0-84E2-00AB001FE48C}") values in the registry point the applications to where the classes reside on the local machine. If your registry settings are corrupted or not there then that's the kind of Error you will get (in this case Run-Time Error 463 "Class not Registered on Local Machine")

Any help??

anvil19
:eek:

Upvote 0
Hy,

Thx for the reply...

The error i get is just : Class not Registered with no help and just an ok button in the message box...

So you think i shall have to reinstall Office?
Cause every object in Excel works fine...aren't these supposed to be shared classes?

Upvote 0
Hi again Ragnar78

Odd message. I suspect that it's not a VBA error message but one from Windows???

Hold off on the re-installation until someone else comes up with a better answer than mine.

anvil19
:eek:

Upvote 0
Tx anvil...i'll just wait...
I've been searching for info at Microsoft...didn't find anything yet

Upvote 0
Hy again...

Concerning this subject...i still didn't find anything, so i reisntalled MS Office, still it didn't work,
I formatted the PC and installed Office, it didn't work...

:(
I'm out of solutions...

Even though the administrator reinstalled everything from 0 nothing seems to work...
Here Class not Registered is only about the wizard of a form (when you select a combobox for example and it tells you on what table to point and what feilds to retreive)

Upvote 0
Open up the code modules and then go into Tools-References.
Is anything (selected) listed like this:

Missing: modulename

Are any of these listed/checked.

Visual Basic For Applications
Microsoft Access 9.0 Object library (could be 7.0-10.0 depending on version)
OLE Automation
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (x.x) Library

And, just what is listed on yours?

I was thinking, the reinstall should have fixed the availability of any specific dlls'. Wizard interface crashing sounds like a core MS Access program error, but what if it's based on an unattached dll file.

Oh, additional thoughts. Transfer your database to another machine with Access installed. See if it works there. Check for viruses. Has your pc 'cleaned' itself recently?

If the other machine works, consider copying the dll files to your computer to replace your existing files. You can figure out the file pathname by going back into tools-references and click on each reference and looking a the path/name/etc etc

Mike

Upvote 0
everything works perfetctly and configurated correctly...its only the wizard of the forms (like the combo and Listbox) that fails...

I can use the combobox and its events, but i ahve to right the code myself using "rowsource" to retreive info from a table

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckrings

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back