Check a table with part of a bigger table

forexcel

I have data at 200 cells in column A starting from cell A11 ending at cell A210. At column B there are data at 30 cells starting from B11 ending at B40. The cells of column B have a connection with cells of row A. Cells B11:B30 should be every 10 cells in column A, this means B11 should be one of A11:A20, B12 should be one of A21:A30 etc The remaining 10 cells of column B (B:31:B30) should be every 20 cells in column A, so B31 should be one of A11:A30, B32 one of A31:50 etc. So I want to calculate at B1 how many cells doesn't follow the first rule and at B2 how many cells doesn't follow second rule. Any idea which formula to use?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
ABC
this is row 10
redgreen#$$$###$#$$$###$=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B11,A11:A20,0)),"fail","")
bluewhitefail###########=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B12,A21:A30,0)),"fail","")highlight C11:C12 and drag down to C30
greenred
pinkorange
blueblue
yellowyellow
cyanblackfail
orangecyan
redgreen
bluewhitefail
greenred
pinkorange
blueblue
yellowyellow
cyanblackfail
orangecyan
redgreen
bluewhitefail
greenred
pinkorange
blueblue
yellowyellow££££££££££££=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B32,A31:A40,0)),"fail","")
cyanblackfail$$$$$$$$$$$$=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B33,A32:A41,0)),"fail","")highlight C32:C33 and drag down to C40
orangecyan
redgreen
bluewhitefail
greenred
pinkorange
blueblue
yellowyellow
cyan
orange
red

<colgroup><col span="17"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
row 44 onwards not shown to save space but is a repeating pattern

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply but i need to do this without the use of a third column. I want a formula just to have a number in a cell with the sum of "fail"

Upvote 0
the third column can be out of sight, eg column EA the sum of column EA can be in any cell of your choosing....

Upvote 0
I know this but it is not just column B. There will follow plenty of other column at C,D etc at same format with column B (will be surely over 200). I used the follow method to calculate

=IF(COUNTIF(OFFSET($A$10;(ROW(B11)-10)*10+1;0):OFFSET($A$10;(ROW(B11)-10)*10+10;0);B11)>0;"OK";"Fail")

for each cell and it is working but didn't manage to add them all. I tried with SUMPRODUCT but didn't work. Probably did something wrong

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back