Charts in Access 2000

inigo2

I have a large set of items for each of which I have 3 pieces of info: category, volume and weight. I am trying to make some charts using this data, but I'm having some trouble; not sure if I'm making stupid mistakes or I'm just not understanding something...I'd appreciate some pointers on charts in Access, particularly when dealing with large sets of items.

The initial charts I want to make are simply plotting volume (on the x-axis) vs. weight (on the y-axis), (ideally with the different categories on the same chart, in different colors). I went to 'Reports', selected New Report \ Chart Wizard, and chose the query in which I've got just 3 columns: category, volume, and weight. I would think I could select all three fields, and choose an XY-scatter plot (with categories as the different series, and volume/weight as X/Y). But I'm obviously missing something. Any thoughts?

The next goal will be to try to fit a curve to the plots, but I'm not at that point yet..

Thanks again for any input.
-Dan

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Hi Dan
You can create scatter charts in Access 2000 using the wizard exactly the way you described with volume on the x-axis, weight on the y-axis and the categories as differing 'series' or 'colours' (for want of better words). This page from Microsoft might help. What version of Access are you using? How many records are in the query? If you double click the chart on the report, then some new right click menu options appear which allow you to experiment with different charts & layouts etc. - this might be what you are seeking.
HTH, Andrew :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsalaki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back