changing autonumber at year end

seirra

Board Regular
I was wondering if this is even possible. I have a database that tracks out transports. It is using one table to track the address and a sub-table to track the contents going to that address. The relationship is the primary key. The numbering system is quite system 1/2004, 2/2004 so on and so on so each shipment has its own unique number.

The problem happens at year end when no one remembers to go in and reset the numbering system. So we end up with 3456/2004 when it should be 1/2005.

Is there away that it can be set up that the auto number will automatically change on the new year thanks to Norie it is set up that the year changes automatically.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Ok new idea. After thinking about this for a little bit I have another idea. This combined with an almost total lack of the workings of Access this might seem like total crap. Just keeping mind I am sure there a much more elegant ways of doing this like so cool coding that I have no clue what so ever about. I all ready have one field that shows the current year. Why not put in a second field where the user inputs the current year. A small bit of code that compares the 2. When they are different a alert comes up and tells the user to change/check the year. Like I said it isn’t pretty. But and idea.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PedroMoss2268

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back