Changing a username

MorganO

Mods,

I wanted to know what your policy is on allowing a username change. When I intially set up my username I didn't think of the long term, and now realize that my username will not really fit me for the longterm. You see I choose 'ExcelingintheAirForce' cause I (of course) use Excel in the Air Force and I also do very well at other things in the Air Force. But I will only be in the Air Force for a couple more years, so the name really won't make sense after that time.

Is it possible to request a name change that would better reflect me longterm, but still keep my same stats and connections to my earlier posts. I.E. Can the name change cascade throughout the board.

I would rather not create a new account, so a name change isn't possible I'll just stick with the moniker I started with!

Thanks for your time.

Owen

Yes, name changes can keep your history. I know several people who have done just that. When you're ready to do it, contact one of the Admins and they will do it for you (adminmsg@mrexel.com).

Denis

True, we can change usernames - but the policy is to only change them if 1. it's their real name 2. the name is derogatory

Ah... thought there might be more to the policy. So I guess I am stuck with this moniker, could be worse! ;)

Thanks.

Owen

But I will only be in the Air Force for a couple more years, so the name really won't make sense after that time.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most user names don't make too much sense! :wink:

hmm - anyone else not getting notification emails?

There was a spell earlier this morning where I didn't get any. But I am getting them now (though I never did receive the ones from early this morning).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peaches000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back