Censor A User

dcofer

Board Regular
Is there a way to "censor" another person from replying to a question one posts?

There is one person (who will remain unamed), who posts a lot, but whose answers are never helpful. I would like for that person to not be able to post answers to my questions. Is that possible?

Interesting thought, but not a feature that's available that I know of. Closest is the 'ingore list' available in the settings & options in your user profile.

Thanks, but exactly what effect does putting someone on the "ignore list" do? I added them, but it did not explain what it does.

Thanks

Hi,

When you put someone to your ignore list, you will not see his replies.
So that is not helpfull, because others will still see those replies.

Can't you write him a PM?
Personal human things, O, it can be so difficult!

Did you consider to report the posts?

It would be good if you posted the name of the member to a moderator, so they can take a look. And if it's me, then you can say it here :biggrin:

kind regards,
Erik

That is what I am looking for, I dont want to see this person's replies. Their replies are not ugly or personal, or anything like that. It just seems they reply a lot (not just to my posts, but to others as well) and their replies are never helpful. As such, I would prefer they didnt reply to my posts. I could PM them, but I dont want to hurt their feelings or get a personal battle started with them.

You are right, personal things can be so difficult. No, Erik, it is not you (LOL).

---dave

If you think you hurt their feelings ...
Do they hurt you? Then tell them!
You do not need to attack, just tell (PM) them how it feels to get a reply without interest or to get a reply asking for more information and then be left alone. Do not care if they answer or not, else you will be hurt again.

The problem is, when they reply, your post is answered and there is less chance that other members will look at it when it goes to page 2 or 3.

But once more, if you have real complaints, report the post or write an admin. They are very good!

And if it's me, then you can say it here :biggrin:

Erik sir, I always liked and I do like your sense of humour ! This was hilarious too !!

Its great to have such a friendly friend and big thanks for being one :biggrin:

Thanks, Stormseed,

The difference between what I realy mean and the humour is often very small. Must be that magic which attracts you !?

The difference between what I realy mean and the humour is often very small. Must be that magic which attracts you

I really dont know about it, sir.

I guess, I am one of your friends because (for me) - I like you & treat you as a good friend of mine and because (for you) - maybe you are a much more a nice person than you portray yourself on the Board ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back